Job opening - Amsterdam Store Manager
Focused on creating the perfect briefcase and other luggage icons for the modern business traveler, we believe function, quality and style can go hand in hand. By our modern take on business we are able to offer high quality travel gear for a fair price. We are based in Amsterdam, produce in Italy and our customers live all over the world. We aim high with a lot of passion for product, honest approach to business and ambition to make only the best product in each category. But along the way we try not to take ourselves too serious.
Store Manager Pop up
The Amsterdam Store Manager is responsible for leading the Travelteq Store in all aspects, from sales to profit and the brand building functions of Travelteq. Among other things this responsibility includes; sales, customer handling, staff, display, administration and stock takings. The Store Manager is responsible for the sales and the result of the store and reports to the management. The store will open March 1st 2018.
- Think strategically, with an eye on top line sales and mindful of the bigger picture for our brand and business.
- Welcome responsibility and don’t shy away from accountability; indeed, it is what drives you to take the initiative and proactively generate new ideas to improve the store experience, motivate your team and boost sales.
- Have impeccable attention to detail; the presentation of your shop is immaculate and always on-brand.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and understand that this is not a 9 to 5 job - it requires genuine commitment, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude.
- Are passionate for fashion and travel accessories.
- Are enthusiastic, motivated and willing to learn; you understand that this is not a nine-to-five job, rather an opportunity to develop your skills and progress within a young, exciting company.
- Understand the wider context beyond an individual store, realising the impact its performance can have on the business as a whole.
- Think in terms of solutions, not in problems; calm even in times of crisis, you’re there to offer support and advice to those around you.
- Are patient, flexible and service-oriented. You understand that the customers’ needs come first.
- Are a team player, ready to roll up your sleeves and assist your colleagues with whatever is required to get the job done.
- Possess superb communication skills - fluent in Dutch and English.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the store, supported by a team of Sales Assistants.
- Build and lead a team, supporting Head Office in finding and training expert store staff with the Travelteq DNA.
- Have regular contact with the Travelteq HQ in Amsterdam, you’ll ensure seamless integration between our online and offline activities, keeping everyone up to date with what’s going on at store level.
- Oversee in-store events, acting as the face of the brand and ensuring that even social occasions for our customers are executed professionally.
- Oversee product selection in store and keep track of inventory.
- Manage the store from day-to-day, including creating team schedules, keeping track of inventory, and ensuring they’re always completed on time.
- Be managing stock selection and inventory in store to ensure an up-to-date collection that fairly represents our online offering.
- Be reporting to Head Office on targets, KPIs, sales analysis, and store and team news.
- Oversee the returns process to make it as easy and hassle-free as possible for the customer.
- Get team training and personal development.
- Be organising and overseeing in-store events for customers.
Please provide your application via email as soon as possible as we interview candidates continuously @ firstname.lastname@example.org.