Job opening - Operational Manager
Operations is the backbone of our business and therefore we are looking for the best operational manager out there who wants to help us transform the way people travel today.
As Operational Manager the overall task of the future incumbent will be managing proactively and in close cooperation with the founders and managers the shift of business operations from its current hands-on approach to a more structured and process oriented approach making a significant contribution towards further growth and internationalization by implementing the basic structures and processes within operations. Next to that, TRAVELTEQ wants to expand its retail business across the globe.
For this reason TRAVELTEQ is currently looking for a professional who has already gained sufficient experience within fast growing environments. Eventually growing to the role of COO.
Main areas of responsibility and key tasks will include:
- Jointly with the founders and managers it will be the future incumbents task to shift the business from an operational approach to a plan-able, structured and process oriented approach
- Will be responsible for the company’s day-to-day operating activities especially the entire supply chain as well as for the two offline stores/showrooms (Hamburg and Berlin). In particular this means:
- Production support (determining and monitoring cost per stock keeping units (SKU)
- Financial planning (sales forecasting and cash flow analysis)
- Resource allocation (optimizing inventory and minimizing Costs of goods sold(COGS)
- Supply Chain Management (ensuring quality control of the products delivering to customers)
Overall responsibilities will be:
- Managing inventory, listing and discontinue SKU’s as well as order management.
- Advise the management team on key planning issues and make contributions to important business decisions.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external; provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating strategy and policies to support overall company policies and objectives. Next to that, he/she will be in charge of establishing the performance goals and of allocating the resources.
- Developing metrics and reporting structures in order to monitor performance and promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Directing internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon organization goals and objectives.
- Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
Professional Skill Set
- University degree in economics and/or economic sciences or comparable studies
- Proven track record with at least 3 to 4 years of experience
- Experience in developing, implementing, building up and steering processes as well as systems such as ERP etc.
- Strong commercial skill set; needs to bring in a good financial controlling background as well as an excellent understanding of the financial issues
- Should have experiences in Cash-, Multi-Currency and Liquidity management as well as being familiar with the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Leadership skills: must be able to enable the existing and growing team to get things done.
- Excellent command of English is a must,
- Outstanding analytical skills paired with a profound business sense.
- Strategic oversight but at same time a hands-on attitude.
- Strong communicational skills across borders and towards all stakeholders: Management Team, Shareholders, Peers, Team, Suppliers and Service Providers.
- Multicultural awareness and the ability to act confidently in a truly global company.
- Extremely performance- and result-driven.
- Persistent, able to defend his/her view even in tough discussions but should not force his/her point.
- Fast-paced person; thrives in a demanding, fast moving environment where change is daily reality.
- Willingness to work hands-on in a kind of “start-up” situation and being a role model for others, having the ability to roll up his/her sleeves to make it happen
- High energy, positive, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, driven by success and passionate about the business.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
He/she definitely needs to know how to build and further develop an international brand with passion and enthusiasm.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in this profile? Send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We are looking forward to tell you more about our exciting plans!